Leg swelling caused by retention of fluid in leg tissue is known as peripheral edema. Nowadays numerous of people suffer from swollen legs.
Reasons for swollen legs:
- Eating too much processed foods and foods high in salt
- Poor circulation
- A sedentary lifestyle-sitting or staying in one position for too long
- Side effects of some medications
- Acute kidney failure
- Heart failure
- Hormone therapy
In this article we are going to give you a recipe for a tea which is extremely efficient in reducing the swelling on the legs.
- Chop the leaves and roots into small pieces (you can also pre-chop the parsley and – store them in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to a week.)
- Place approximately ¼ cup of parsley into an infusion basket.
- Pour over a cup of boiled water or submerge into a tea pot.
- Let the mixture steep for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the basket or strain the tea.
- Add honey, lemon or ginger for flavor if desired.
- Always drink parsley tea warm for the best effects.
- Don’t forget to use other different techniques to reduce swelling such as raising your legs by putting your legs on pillows to raise them above your heart when lying down.
You can also soak your feet in an Epsom salt and feel an instant relief. It is also useful for temporary reducing the edema.
You just need to add a few cups of Epsom salt in your bathwater and soak your body in it for 20 minutes. This salt will help you reduce the inflammation, eliminate the pain and reduce the water retention.
If you suffer from edema you must try the parsley tea and the Epsom salt bath. These natural remedies will solve your problem immediately.