- Always warm up for a few minutes before doing these exercises.
- Do each exercise for 45 seconds.
- Rest 15 seconds before moving to the next exercise. (If you are a beginner you may rest longer)
- Repeat circuit 3 times for a total of 15 minutes.
- Listen to your body, and increase the frequency and intensity of interval training sessions gradually as the body adapts.
- Everyone’s fitness level is different so it is important not to overdo it. Take rest days when needed.
Sit down in the crab position. The body weight is on the hands. Brace your abs and alternate your legs kicking in the air. Don’t let your butt touch the ground.
Modify: Start with a lower speed and without jumping, slowly alternate lifting your legs in the air.
Start in a plank position. Jump your feet up towards the outside of your hands, coming into a squat and keeping your hands on the floor. Jump your feet back to return to plank and repeat.
3. Bicycle Crunches:
Lie flat on the floor with fingertips behind your ears. Bring knees up to where they are perpendicular to the floor. Slowly go through a cycle pedal motion kicking forward with the right leg and bringing in the knee of the left leg towards your opposite elbow.
4. Mountain Jumpers:
Start in push-up position. Similar to mountain climbers, alternate jumping each foot bringing your knee towards your chest.
Get into push-up position on the floor. Now bend your elbows 90 degrees and rest your weight on your forearms. Your elbows should be directly underneath your shoulders, and your body should form a straight line from your head to your feet. Hold the position keeping your core tight the entire time to prevent your back from collapsing.